- Pure Natural Indigo Powder – Indigoferra Tinctoria [100g]
- Dye your Hair Naturally Black with Indigo powder.
- Natural Hair colour without chemicals
- 100% Pure & Natural.
- No PPD.
- No Chemicals.
- No Lead.
As a BLACK or Deep Brown dye:
- Go bold. black and deep brown hair naturally!
Use henna first as a base tone and then indigo to create a rich black hair color in this 2 step process below:
- For Black and deep brown hair coloring use a 2 step process. Apply henna to your hair for a deep red base then apply the indigo to create the rich deep browns and blacks.
Apply a henna paste to your hair to create a rich red base. Follow directions for henna here.
Apply indigo over the freshly hennaed and washed hair to create the deep black color
- Mix indigo with warm water until it’s the consistency of thick yogurt.
Optional, add 1 teaspoon salt per 100 grams of indigo powder for darker color. Allow to sit for 15 minutes
- Apply the indigo paste to dry or damp (previously hennaed) hair in sections, completely coating all the hair down to the roots. It’s easiest if you start from the back and move forward. Wear gloves to protect your hands from being stained, drape an old towel over your shoulders to protect clothing.
- Wrap your hair in a shower cap or plastic wrap and allow to soak in for 1-2 hours
- Rinse or shampoo to remove any residue
Condition to soften hair (some people prefer to just use conditioner)
- Repeat: Monthly for gray hair dye and healthy, thick and shiny black locks.
Takes about 2 days for the color to oxidize and show it’s true shade
For a scent you may add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to your paste mixture.
Indigo powder: fridge, or cool dark place. Do not freeze!
Paste: use immediately as indigo paste does not freeze or keep well.
*We recommend you perform a strand test before using any of these recipes or products on your hair to be sure you like the color and result.
Test the product on a small section of your hair or on hair harvested from your hair brush.